“Go away. I feel like dying.”
“No fair maiden should die alone,” he said, putting a hand on hers. “Shall I read to you in your final moments? What story would you like?”
She snatched her hand back. “How about the story of the idiotic prince who won’t leave the assassin alone?”
“Oh! I love that story! It has such a happy ending, too—why, the assassin was really feigning her illness in order to get the prince’s attention! Who would have guessed it? Such a clever girl. And the bedroom scene is so lovely—it’s worth reading through all of their ceaseless banter!”
A word, a book challenge, day 11 - popcorn
The night circus by Erin Morgenstern
"After the circus departed, he wrote down every detail he could remember about it so it would not fade in his memory. The chocolate-covered popcorn. The tent full of people on circular raised platforms, performing tricks with bright white fire. The magical, transforming clock that sat across from the ticket booth, doing so much more than simply telling the time."
And when we talk chocolate-covered popcorn, I found a pretty delicious recipe in my search of popcorn-related quotes. A little bit too lazy and without all the ingredients I didn’t make them. But you can find it here.
You forgot Evan and Ben from the 5th wave by rick yance
Oh yes! I forgot! :)
Could you name your top YA badass male heroes?
- Raffe from Angelfall by Susan Ee
- Thomas and Newt from The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Chaol and Aedion and Rowan from The Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
- Will Herondale and Jem from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- Ronan from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Finnikin from Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
- Duval and Beast from His Fair Assassin by Robin LaFevers
- Warden from The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
- PEETA MY PRECIOUS ANGEL from The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth
I tend to love female characters more than male, and that is why this list is shorter than when I got asked for my favourite badass ladies!
"So many books, so little time,"
An age old problem.
Etsy | Society6
(P.s And it’s still 3 for 2 in my Etsy shop!)
#30daysofbookstagrams Day 11: #bookthroughphone
#vicious by @veschwab